We hope you are doing well and staying safe. As immunity is top of mind for us, Joy put together her top ten ways to boost immunity.
10 things Joy is doing to boost her immunity:
- Shore Magic collagen: Shore Magic is a powerful immune system booster. It helps build antibodies and it has important anti-viral properties. Take at least 2 scoops or 2 tbsp daily. For extra protection take an extra 2 scoops at least 4 hours apart.
- Fermented cod liver oil: Contains large amounts of Vitamins A & D and has been used for centuries to promote immune system health. I use Blue Ice fermented cod liver oil cinnamon flavor.
- Buffered Vitamin C: Be careful what Vitamin C you take. Those made from ascorbic acid can be rough on the stomach. Best source: fresh organic produce and citrus fruits including lemons and limes.
- Good probiotic: I always recommend naturally fermented sauerkraut or pickles. If you choose a supplement get one that is made to survive the stomach acid. Good immunity begins in the gut! I use Seed probiotics. I love their sustainable packaging.
- Vitamin B12: Plays a big role in white blood cell production and white blood cells are essential for proper immune function. I love the Mary Ruth’s Methyl B12 organic liquid spray. It’s so easy to take!
- Vitamin D and K2: A growing body of research shows that the combination of these two vitamins provides powerful support to the body including immune system balance and function. I use Thorne because some are made of cholecalciferol which is a rodent poison. You also need K2 which is a cofactor that helps you absorb and utilize the Vitamin D.
- Pycnogenol: This is a supplement derived from pine bark. It is highly effective against invading viruses as it strengthens cell wall structure.
- Glutathione: This is a super antioxidant. It is required by the immune system for two important reasons. It protects host immune cells and provides optimal functioning of lymphocytes and other cells of the immune system.
- Coconut oil: This amazing substance is anti-viral and I swab my nose and ears with a small amount a few times each day.
- Heat: Viruses and heat do not get along. They live in the coolest parts of the body. If you think about it, in winter we breathe in cold air which keeps our sinuses and respiratory system cooler than the rest of our body. High heat destroys viruses. Sauna for at least 5 minutes, hot drinks and steam baths twice a day for prevention and 5 times a day for a healing therapy.
Another important thing I try to do is drink lots of clean water. Viruses thrive in a dry environment in the mouth and throat.
Be well and stay safe. Let’s use this time for self-care and enriching our most important relationships with our loved ones. It’s not so bad to slow down for a bit and remember what’s really important.